Recently I've been fortunate to receive 2 prestigious awards: a National Institute of Health (NIH) - funded Genomic Science Training Program Traineeship in February and last week a National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship. I am humbled to receive these awards, knowing of the many other qualified applicants who applied for these awards. As a recipient, I recognize the trust that has been placed in me and I commit to do my absolute best to return the investment with interest. I've been placed on the path toward greatness and I will not slacken my pace nor shorten my stride. I will be great.
Greatness is not so much a product of external recognition; rather, it is a inner commitment to never, ever, EVER settle for mediocrity. It is so easy to rest and coast across the life's many finish lines. Yet greatness comes from making the little extra effort that distinguishes you from the others, the effort that elevates you above the sea of mediocrity. It isn't easy being different but when has being like everyone else ever helped anyone get anywhere worthwhile?
Will you join me in being great?
Congrats on the awards. That's really awesome. I thought about applying for the NSF one, but then never did.
ReplyDelete