A power-nap is a short sleep which terminates before the occurrence of deep sleep or slow-wave sleep (SWS)." (Wikipedia)While I have not had much experience with this "power nap," I have had great experiences perfecting what I can the "power vacation." I define it as:
A short vacation which terminates before the occurrence of laziness and a general dulling of one's mental edge, thus ensuring increased productivity upon return. (Me)Notice that similarities between this two "power" activities. Just as the power nap leaves one feeling refreshed and ready for the rest of the day's activities, the power vacation takes just long enough to reinvigorate the individual. This removes the need to take "a vacation from the vacation."
I've been on many a power vacation, including a dash up King's Peak, the legendary Bro-cation with my brother Eric, and the Rhinelander Romp. However, I'd like to describe the Hinckley-cation that occurred last weekend. It was a 4 day family reunion before my brother, David, entered the MTC to serve in the London England Mission. It was packed with a hike up Davis Peak, a friendly family competition (the wounds on my hands have almost closed :) ), my sister's open house, David's farewell talk and his open house. It was, dare I say, epic!
Here's a picture of the two future missionaries, Jeff (R) and David (L), from the top of the mountain (when it wasn't snowing on us!)

When it was
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.