Give blood, that is. I hadn't ever donated blood until yesterday morning. In the past I always excused myself with the rationale that I was running competitively and did not have any blood to spare. Now I no longer have that excuse so when the opportunity arose, I jumped at the chance. It went surprisingly well; a couple of needle pricks were insignificant knowing that I was giving the gift of life. What was even better was that I did not have to alter my plans at all day (admittedly going against the advice of the phlebotomist!) I still went rock climbing and ran a bazillion errands. At times I did feel "a pint low" but it was mostly fleeting.
I invite you to consider giving blood yourself. The need is immediate as is the gratification knowing that you have provided an irreplaceable gift.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.