Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Perspective

My roommate's aunt was kidnapped last night in Colonia Juarez, most likely by members of a drug cartel. They are asking for $1 million US for ransom.

I cannot put in words how upset that makes me feel, so impotent. So I won't even try. I will say this: we gringos have it easy, depressed economy and all. Washington may be "broken" but at least we are free to walk our streets without fearing kidnap. It's funny how the misfortunes of others at times allow us to see more clearly. I won't let anything that could be remotely construed as a complaint cross my lips.

2 comments:

  1. My prayers will be with her and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear about Ivan's aunt. We need to pray and fast for her. Let Ivan know we will be praying for her.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.