Sunday, April 10, 2011

Rack attack!

Finally, 3 weeks after my initial purchase of used Thule roof rack equipment on Craigslist, I was able to install the rack on top of my car. It took me ordering two sets of "feet" to attach the cross bars to the roof (the first set wasn't what I had ordered) but it was worth the wait and inconvenience. The rack in its current configurations can be seen here:

I think that it gives my car more character and is much, much cheaper than buying a new one. :) It also feels great to get all the cross bars and bike trays off of my bedroom floor. It made hopping out of bed early in the morning treacherous!

In the future I'll probably add a kayak mount to go with a used kayak. Thus, I will be able to bring someone along with me to the lakes to paddle next to me as I do open water swims in preparation for my August ironman. Drowning doesn't fit into my short-term goals!

2 comments:

  1. Looks good! Hope you enjoy biking all over Wisconsin and swimming for that Ironman triathlon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look's like you're all set! If you want a paddle buddy, let me know--I'll definitely need a break once in a while from studying for my MA exam..

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.