Monday, April 11, 2011

Why walk when you can run?

Our two most valuable commodities in life are our love and our time. Our time, in contrast to our love, is reduced when it is given to a person or activity. This is because our time on earth inhabiting this mortal coil is a finite quantity. (As opposed to our love, "which endureth forever" (Moroni 7:47), and, thus spanning both time and space, is infinite)

Just like most of you, my calendar is brimming with things to do. In the parlance of Elder Dallin Oaks, some of these things are good, others better, and a few, best. If I had things my way, I'd have time to do them all. Alas, I do not. That being said, I've found that I can shorten time spent on the mundane activity of walking to and fro, thus extending the time available for better and best How? By running.

Sure, people look at me oddly as I glide by in jeans and a T-shirt while toting a clipboard but, then again, my day is that much longer.

Why should we walk when we can run?

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.