It turns out that boat building is no easy task, especially when the boat is "built after the manner of men." Tuesday all efforts were derailed by the dreaded "Open House." All joking aside, it was great to celebrate my sister, Jean's, marriage to Sean. I got to see some old friends and reminisce. It was fun. Wednesday we realized that we needed better screws and an adhesive for submersible applications. This keep us from making any progress. Finally, Thursday we were able to begin in earnest and it was almost comical how bad things went. I learned (again) the important of following instructions to a T. There are no shortcuts to any place worth going, especially the land of finished, seaworthy vessels. :) After putting the frustration behind me late New Year's Eve, things proceeded well today and we finished the deck and the hull of the little boat. I'll upload a photo as soon as I find the cable to upload the pictures. I seemed to have missed placed it...
Found it! Here is the photo:

I also learned that saw dust in the hair makes for stunning natural highlights. Could I be on to something?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.