Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Granola Goodness

This is the basic recipe for homemade granola that has been fueling my mornings the last few weeks. It came to me courtesy of Adam Broderick, a fellow chemical engineering graduate student, genius, and father of 2.

Dry Ingredients
16 cups oats (rolled or quick)
1/2 - 1 cup wheat bran/germ
2 cups each of shredded unsweetened coconut and sunflower kernels (w/o the shell)
Any other fruits or nuts (so far I've tried pecans/almonds and banana chips)

Wet Ingredients
1 cup H2O
1 cup oil
1/2 - 1 cup honey
2-3 Tbsp. vanilla
1 tsp salt

Mix the dry and wet ingredients separately and then combine. Bake at 325-350 F on a cookie sheet or 9x13 pan until browned and dry, stirring occasionally to maintain uniform baking. Store in sealed container, particularly when humid. Enjoy with milk or yogurt.

In case you were wondering, yes, I AM from the Pacific Northwest and, yes, I also shamelessly advocate recycling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.