Friday, May 13, 2011

Cold Spring Harbor

I've spent the last few days attending the Biology of the Genomes meeting at Cold Spring Harbor on Long Island, NY. If you are equally unfamiliar with this location as I was, it is located here. It's been a fascinating meeting; I heard talks on the key genes that lead to the wide variety of dog breeds, the genetic evidence that describes the migration to the New World, and heritable elements associated with environmental stressors that are passed on to offspring. Very cool stuff!

Per my mothers request, I made sure to take some pictures

DNA-art in James Watson's (of Watson and Crick fame) backyard


Me with my dinner. I was disappointed by the lack of meat on the lobster; it must have been a skinny one, just like me.

Now I look forward to visiting family and friends in Utah. (And getting my haircut; I feel shaggy, even if I don't look it)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.