Saturday, May 21, 2011

Withering Heights

One of the books that I recall enjoying the most when I was in high school was the novel "Wuthering Heights" by Emily Bronte. Looking to occupy my time during a 15 mile run this morning, I downloaded the first 5 chapters onto my iPod. As I listened, I was if anything depressed by the surly Heathcliff and the general disfunction of those in his residence. After an hour of listening, I decided to listen to something more upbeat. I wonder why I enjoyed reading Wuthering Heights. It would appear that my interest has "withered" (pardon the pun :) ) with the passage of years.

I'm still looking for audiobooks to which I can listen during my long runs and rides. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. Gothic romance novels and running may not mix.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1776, The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, John Adams.... I usually like biographies

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.